Saturday, July 23

On a warm summer night

I totally support what places like Turning Point, an addiction rehabilitation facility in Santa Rosa, are trying to do. I might do things a little differently if I were to run my own place, but they're out there doing it and I'm not, so I give them a lot of credit. So many people get lost on the highway of life. I don't know if the highway actually goes anywhere, but that's not the point. It's much more enjoyable to be traveling along it with the wind in your hair than to be pulled off in a ditch somewhere broken down, worrying about your next meal. To try to teach people to work hard and play hard, and not skip the work part, but to also try to retrain people to have fun together, to remember how to play, to build that sense of community, of trust and accountability - all these are noble goals. It's a hard task to try to accomplish from either end, but it makes both parties feel better for having gotten involved rather than watching and criticizing from the sidelines. Always something to be said for action over words!

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane