I dunno what it takes to get on the "blogs of note" list. Perhaps a quirky but positive message. Maybe blind technophilia whilst tokenly lamenting some lost value in the medium of computers in the purist days of 40 character column displays. A love of modern, meaningless life. Off the wall absurdity, sure to contain some message of irony.
Certainly nothing negative, which many people afraid of the gradeschool-like "system" prefer to forget and which still stuns them in the deepest sleep. Nothing depressing please! I want to you read your beautiful, meaningless blog. You make me feel more concrete and erudite than I am.
I love the innocence of Pooh Corner. But don't forget there was an Eeyore and a Tigger who could bound into the tallest of trees but show absolute barely-concealed fright when asked to come down. Even Rabbit second-guessed Pooh's extravagant plans. The fool on the hill is the embodiment of Yin that Western society has vilified and abandoned for the nuthouse, the prison, or the sidewalk. Arise, noble Yin, you too are loved.
Tuesday, August 28
Saturday, August 25
From They Might Be Giants (1971).
(Upon being told: "God! You're just like Don Quixote, you think everything's always something else.")
“Well, he had a point. Of course, he carried it a bit too far. He thought that every windmill was a giant. That's insane. But, thinking that they might be… well… all the best minds used to think the world was flat. But, what if it isn't? It might be round! And bread mold might be medicine. If we never looked at things and thought of what they might be, why, we'd all still be out there in the tall grass with the apes.”
“I think if God is dead he laughed himself to death.
“Because, you see, we live in Eden. Genesis has got it all wrong—we never left the Garden. Look about you. This is paradise! It's hard to find, I'll grant you, but it is here. Under our feet, beneath the surface, all around us is everything we want. The earth is shining under the soot. We are all fools.”
Justin Playfair/Sherlock Holmes
Played by George C. Scott
Something I don't understand...
Why do octopuses need eight arms to accomplish what we can do even better with just two?
Why do octopuses need eight arms to accomplish what we can do even better with just two?
|Your Superpower Should Be Mind Reading|
You are brilliant, insightful, and intuitive.
You understand people better than they would like to be understood.
Highly sensitive, you are good at putting together seemingly irrelevant details.
You figure out what's going on before anyone knows that anything is going on!
Why you would be a good superhero: You don't care what people think, and you'd do whatever needed to be done.
Your biggest problem as a superhero: Feeling even more isolated than you do now.
|Your Personality is Very Rare (INFP)|
Your personality type is dreamy, romantic, elegant, and expressive.
Only about 5% of all people have your personality, including 6% of all women and 4% of all men.
You are Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Perceiving.
|Your Life is 80% Off Track|
If you're honest with yourself, you have to admit that you often feel like you're living the wrong life.
It's a pretty easy conclusion to come to - because it seems like not a lot is going right.
Consider finding a life coach or mentor. You need some encouragement in turning your life around.
|You Would Be a Pet Cat|
Independent and aloof, you don't like to be dependent on anyone.
And as for other people, you can take them or leave them. You often don't care.
You live your life by your own rules. And you have deep motivations that no one truly understands.
Why you would make a great pet: You're not needy or greedy... unlike other four legged friends.
Why you would make a bad pet: You're not exactly running down to greet people at the door.
What you would love about being a cat: Agility and freedom .
What you would hate about being a cat: Being treated like a dog by clueless humans.
To others, you seem a bit dark, mysterious, and moody.
In truth, you are just a very unique person who doesn't care what others think.
And you really enjoy your offbeat interests and friends.
You've decided that life is about living for yourself - simple as that.
|You Are 68% Open Minded|
You are a very open minded person, but you're also well grounded.
Tolerant and flexible, you appreciate most lifestyles and viewpoints.
But you also know where you stand firm, and you can draw that line.
You're open to considering every possibility - but in the end, you stand true to yourself.
|You Are A Lily|
You are a nurturer and all around natural therapist.
People see you as their rock. And they are able to depend on you.
You are a soothing influence. You can make people feel better with a few words.
Your caring has more of an impact than even you realize.
|The Part of You That No One Sees|
You are aloof, mysterious, and distant.
People feel like they really don't know the true you...
Yet they're still drawn to you, almost by magnetic force.
Underneath it all, you don't even really feel like you know yourself.
It's easier to put on a front than really think about your life's purpose.
You tend to seem pretentious, but it's just a mechanism you use to push people away.
|You Are a "Don't Tread On Me" Libertarian|
You distrust the government, are fiercely independent, and don't belong in either party.
Religion and politics should never mix, in your opinion... and you feel oppressed by both.
You don't want the government to cramp your self made style. Or anyone else's for that matter.
You're proud to say that you're pro-choice on absolutely everything!
|Your Brain is Purple|
Of all the brain types, yours is the most idealistic.
You tend to think wild, amazing thoughts. Your dreams and fantasies are intense.
Your thoughts are creative, inventive, and without boundaries.
You tend to spend a lot of time thinking of fictional people and places - or a very different life for yourself.
|You Are 5: The Investigator|
You're independent - and a logical analytical thinker.
You love learning and ideas... and know things no one else does.
Bored by small talk, you refuse to participate in boring conversations.
You are open minded. A visionary. You understand the world and may change it.
At Your Best: You are sharp, inventive, and creative. You have the skills to lead the world.
At Your Worst: You are reclusive, sensitive, and a bit paranoid.
Your Fixation: Truth
Your Primary Fear: Being alone
Your Primary Desire: Being competent and needed
Other Number 5's: John Lennon, Kurt Cobain, Bjork, and Stephen Hawking.
|Your Aura is Violet|
Idealistic and thoughtful, you have the mind and ideas to change the world.
And you have the charisma of a great leader, even if you don't always use it!
The purpose of your life: saying truths that other people dare not say.
Famous purples include: Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jr., Susan B. Anthony.
Careers for you to try: Political Activist, Inventor, Life Coach.
|You Have Good Karma|
In general, you like to do the right thing when it comes to others.
Your caring personality really shines through.
Sure, you have your moments of weakness - and occasionally act out.
But, all in all, you're karma is good... even with those few dark spots.
|You Are Not Happy Being Single|
You're just one of those people who does better in a relationship. It's as simple as that.
And most people who are honest with themselves feel the exact same way.
Try to make the best of your single times. There's no rush to fall in love - even if being single sucks.
|Your Career Personality: Independent, Insightful, and Ingenious|
Your Ideal Careers:
Video game developer
|You Are 100% Psychic|
You are so very psychic.
But you already predicted that, didn't you?
You have "the gift" - and you use it daily to connect with others.
You're very tapped into the world around you...
Just make sure to use your powers for good!
|You Are a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich|
You life your life in a free form, artistic style.
You are incredibly creative and at times, quite messy.
Deep down, you are a kid at heart. And you aren't afraid to express it.
Your best friend: The Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Your mortal enemy: The Club Sandwich
|You Can Change Your Life, But It Won't Be Easy|
You really, truly want to change. You're just not sure that you can do it.
You need a solid plan, supportive friends, and a strong will.
Think about times you've made hard changes, and what you did to get through them.
A change is in your future - you just need a little help getting started.
|You Are 45% Left Brained, 55% Right Brained|
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.
The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.
|In 1972 (the year you were born)|
Richard Nixon is president of the US
President Nixon approves NASA's space shuttle, a reusable spacecraft, at a cost of $5.5 billion
Nixon arrives in China for an 8 day visit, which he calls a "journey for peace"
While campaigning for the presidency Alabama Governor George C. Wallace is shot and seriously wounded
Five men are arrested in the Watergate office complex in DC for breaking into the offices of the Democratic National Committee
Hurricane Agnes strikes the East Coast causing 117 deaths
First scientific hand-held calculator (HP-35) os introduced for $395
Shaquille O'Neal, Jennifer Garner, The Rock, The Notorious B.I.G., Cameron Diaz, Eminem, and Alyssa Milano are born
Oakland Athletics win the World Series
Dallas Cowboys win Superbowl VI
Boston Bruins win the Stanley Cup
The Godfather is the top grossing film
Pink Floyd debuts "The Dark Side of the Moon" during a performance at London's Rainbow Theater
"You've Got a Friend" by Carole King wins a Grammy for song of the year
The Price is Right premieres on CBS
|What Your Hands Say About You|
You are logical, analytical, and rational. You have good verbal skills.
Idealistic and dreamy, you tend toward the impractical. You have a knack for getting yourself in sticky situations.
Consistent and reliable, you like to count on structure and routine in your life.
Your emotions tend to be nervous and potent. Your energy - both positive and negative - deeply impacts your life.
|Your Brain's Pattern|
Your mind is a multi dimensional wonderland, with many layers.
You're the type that always has multiple streams of though going.
And you can keep these thoughts going at any time.
You're very likely to be engaged in deep thought - and deep conversation.
|You Are 92% Intuitive|
Your intuition is so spot on it's scary!
You can learn a lot about people and situations, simply by listening to your gut.
And you've even wondered if you can predict the future at times.
Just be sure not to always listen to your intuition... someday it could be wrong!
|You Are The Hermit|
You posses a great deal of wisdom and the ability to see people for who they are.
You are always looking ahead at the future, developing visions.
A loner, you tend to travel by yourself through life, seeking your own truth.
You don't crave material things or fancy titles. You have no baggage.
It's possible that there is a unknown guiding figure in your life, ready to help you.
All you have to do is find this person and seek their advice.
It's also possible that you need to start seeking the meaning of your own life.
Either way, there's some deep thinking you need to undertake, and it needs to be done soon.
|You Are An Apple Tree|
You are quiet and shy at times, but you have lots of charm and appeal.
You are quite attractive: your pleasant attitude, flirtatious smile, and adventurous spirit draw people in.
Sensitive and loyal in love, you want to love and be loved.
You are a faithful and tender partner - who is generous in sharing your many talents.
You love children, and you need an affectionate partner.
|Your Scholastic Strength Is Deep Thinking|
You aren't afraid to delve head first into a difficult subject, with mastery as your goal.
You are talented at adapting, motivating others, managing resources, and analyzing risk.
You should major in:
|You Have Not Been Ruined by American Culture|
You're nothing like the typical American. In fact, you may not be American at all.
You have a broad view of the world, and you're very well informed.
And while you certainly have been influenced by American culture (who hasn't?), it's not your primary influence.
You take a more global philosophy with your politics, taste, and life. And you're always expanding and revising what you believe.
|Your Power Bird is an Owl|
You are beyond wise. You are so smart, you're almost prophetic.
Your inner voice always speaks the truth, and you take the time to listen to it.
You are good at seeing who people are... including the darkness of others.
As a result, you tend to have a rather dark - yet realistic - outlook on life.
|You Belong in Amsterdam|
A little old fashioned, a little modern - you're the best of both worlds. And so is Amsterdam.
Whether you want to be a squatter graffiti artist or a great novelist, Amsterdam has all that you want in Europe (in one small city).
|Your Ideal Relationship is Serious Dating|
You're not ready to go walking down the aisle.
But you may be ready in a couple of years.
You prefer to date one on one, with a commitment.
And while chemistry is important, so is compatibility.
- ► 2010 (289)
- ► 2009 (359)
- ► 2008 (226)
- YIN I dunno what it takes to get on the "blogs of...
- …MOVIE QUOTES… From They Might Be Giants (1971)....
- Something I don't understand... Why do octopuses ...
- Your Superpower Should Be Mind Reading You are bri...
- Your Personality is Very Rare (INFP) Your personal...
- Your Life is 80% Off Track If you're honest with y...
- You Are 100% Creative You are an incredibly creati...
- Your Adult Film Star Name Is... Rod Steele What's...
- You Are a Mac You are creative, stylish, and super...
- You Would Be a Pet Cat Independent and aloof, you ...
- Your Love Quote I was nauseous and tingly all over...
- You Are Not Destined to Rule the World You are des...
- Your Taste in Music: 80's Alternative: Highest Inf...
- Dark Purple To others, you seem a bit dark, myster...
- You Are Sky Blue Dreamy and creative, you see the ...
- You Are 68% Open Minded You are a very open minded...
- You Are A Lily You are a nurturer and all around n...
- The Part of You That No One Sees You are aloof, my...
- You Are a "Don't Tread On Me" Libertarian You dist...
- Your Brain is Purple Of all the brain types, yours...
- You Passed 8th Grade Math Congratulations, you got...
- You Are 5: The Investigator You're independent - a...
- Your Aura is Violet Idealistic and thoughtful, you...
- You Have Good Karma In general, you like to do the...
- You Are Not Happy Being Single You're just one of ...
- You Are a Banana Coconut Frappuccino A cheeky monk...
- Your Career Personality: Independent, Insightful, ...
- You Are 100% Psychic You are so very psychic. But...
- You Should Learn French C'est super! You appreciat...
- You Are Incredibly Logical Move over Spock - you'r...
- You Passed 8th Grade Science Congratulations, you ...
- Arty Kid Whether you were a drama freak or an emo ...
- You Are a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich You lif...
- You Can Change Your Life, But It Won't Be Easy You...
- You Are 45% Left Brained, 55% Right Brained The le...
- In 1972 (the year you were born) Richard Nixon is ...
- What Your Hands Say About You You are logical, ana...
- You Passed 8th Grade Geography Congratulations, yo...
- You Passed High School with an A+ You have the bra...
- Your Brain's Pattern Your mind is a multi dimensio...
- You Are 28% Evil A bit of evil lurks in your heart...
- Your Observation Skills Get An A Hardly anything g...
- You Are 92% Intuitive Your intuition is so spot on...
- You Are The Hermit You posses a great deal of wisd...
- You Are An Apple Tree You are quiet and shy at tim...
- Your Scholastic Strength Is Deep Thinking You aren...
- Your Cell Phone Etiquette is 14% Bad, 86% Good You...
- You Have Not Been Ruined by American Culture You'r...
- Your Power Bird is an Owl You are beyond wise. You...
- You Belong in Amsterdam A little old fashioned, a ...
- Your English Skills: Grammar: 100% Punctuation: 10...
- Your Ideal Relationship is Serious Dating You're n...
- You Passed the US Citizenship Test Congratulations...
- You Should Be A Poet You craft words well, in...
- Which fucked-up genius composer are you? ...
- This site simply PWNS with a capital O. Paleo-F...
- "Where Do They Make Balloons?" (Flansburgh/Linnel...
- "Birdhouse In Your Soul" (Flansburgh/Linnell) ...
- Hmm. None of the red bars are showing up in any of...
- You have a 75% chance of surviving a zombie outbre...
- Your Score Is.... 100%! Congratulations, you scor...
- Which God or Goddess are you like? Your Result: Yo...
- You Are 100% Genius! You did very well on this qu...
- You know the Bible 87%! Wow! You are awesome! Y...
- You Feel Like You Don't Fit In 91% Of The Time Yo...
- You paid attention during 100% of high school! 85...
- You are 96% Knowledgable regarding US State Capita...
- John Dee. I want to pass out Pass out and expire ...
- I triple my efforts in the face of adversity. No ...
- Aryana No red? No black? Shove her in the back Wh...
- Triptych The moon glowed gold tonight like A toot...
- Oh Deer! I was at my computer bright and early in...
- QUIZ Name the only major city in the world to hav...
- UNTITLED Is it too late to be a doctor A photogra...
- Syd Barrett (6 January 1946 – 7 July 2006) Rememb...
- "I Know Very Well How I Got My Name" (Morrissey) ...
- Cauduceus. I recently watched a six-part document...
- Love is the answer That brings out the living
- (For Susannah) Straight arrow answers are never s...
- Taking a break. I just don't feel into blogging r...
- CONGRATULATIONS BARRY BONDS! 756 Home Runs and co...
- with sadness nicky, I miss you don't leave me lik...
- (unknown credit)
- "What's this guy thinking?" Here's a new little g...
- Buddhism The Four Noble Truths 1. Life is suffe...
- "Rodeo Cow" gets his revenge.
- Why Christianity and all Religions are Bullshit. ...
- The Dream, The Circle. I just had the dream agai...
- BLACK SUN (Brendan Perry) Murderer..... Man on ...
- ~ Live a good life. If there are gods and they a...
- Emma Hale He brought the storms and dust a temper...
- They're "special" all right Have-a-go ...
- ▼ August (95)
- ► 2006 (600)