Monday, February 16

“One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell”

Always be careful
When you abuse the one you love
The hour or the day no-one can tell

But one day, goodbye will be farewell
And you will never see the one you love again
You will never see the one you love again

I have been thinking
What with my final brain cell
How time grips you slyly in its spell

And before you know, goodbye will be farewell
And you will never see the one you love again
And the smiling children tell you that you smell

Well, just look at me
A savage beast, I've got nothing to sell
And when I die, I want to go to Hell

And that's when
Goodbye should be farewell
Oh....

One day goodbye will be farewell
So grab me while we still have the time.

(©1998 Morrissey)

1 comment:

Rob Windstrel Watson said...

Fine poetry Meta, as always.

I'm afraid the URL for Cafe Hopcott has now been changed to http://cafehopcott.blogspot.com/ again. Could you adjust your 'following' list.

Not many updates these days on Cafe Hopcott, though, as I'm busy elsewhere.

Sorry about the change of URL but it's good to have an excuse to visit you.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane