Tuesday, September 27

Poor Syd

I find it all a bit sad, more than a bit, overwhelming really. When I read about Syd Barrett's story I'm quite affected, as it could be my life. Well in a small way it is my life. We both had a bad time with mind-altering chemicals and have fared poorly in the face of enormous pressure. Where the pressure came from, what form it took, and the details of our breakdowns may differ in small ways but the pattern is the same. I'm thankful that I retain much more function than he (apparently) does. What a tragedy.

2 comments:

JOVIAN said...

I read an article about a journalist who had a 'chance' encounter and interview with Syd about 5-6 years ago. I agree. It's tragic what life did to him or he did to himself. He reached for the secret too soon.

JOVIAN said...

proprietor is Heath, btw. I created it for my own blog which, of course, never saw the virtual light of day. I'll have to get a new identity.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane