Wednesday, September 28

Posts ahoy

I got the sudden inspiration to plan a trip a couple days ago. I have free time and a bit of money right now, so I kind of want to do it while I still can. I'm thinking pretty seriously about "escaping" to Ireland for a few weeks, to do some introspection. Well, basically just to live in my body and in my senses and try to get away from my mind for a bit. I know that can be done anywhere, but when you're in a new place it always forces you to be a bit more external. More extroverted anyways.

Some of the best times in my life have been when I was traveling. Places and feelings I'll never forget. Russia, Germany, Thailand: 3 months of my life that loom so much larger in memory, when I rose to the challenge of life instead of shrinking from it, if only for a little while. Tickets to most of Europe are extremely inexpensive right now, and I feel like I'd be a fool not to take the opportunity to go.

I'm not really interested in the sights so much as the people and the way of life. I can even imagine just staying in a single village the entire time, getting to know the locals at the pub, listening to music, eating, going for walks. Maybe renting a bicycle to check out the countryside. Take my journal with me everywhere. A chance to be someone else for awhile, or more truthfully to see how the same self reacts to a different environment. The more you see the more you begin to understand things, your own character included.

Plus it's exciting!

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane