Monday, January 22



















Helen of Calgary

When the cloud is lifted
Does a new one take its place?
Can love find its anchor in a face?
I've trotted out my arteries,
Spleen, cortexes, and veins
No two thoughts about you are the same.

Golden-haired child with
The soul of a woman twice your age,
A playful, timeless grace-
When the cloud is lifted I still
See you there before me;
Your famous face.

The ships stay in their harbors
But my longings may stretch out
A thousand lonely days.
You may be common in your own mind
But that green light behind your eyes
Says otherwise,

And that perfect smile
And its attendant beauty of thought
Of observation and expression
Are surely worth fighting for.
And I shall win your love some day
Without sword or shield,
Without flaming ship,
Without rows of soldiers
In the pay of kings
Without any material things

Solely with my heart.

1 comment:

Hans said...

True Romantic. Love is one thing, romance another - it's very elusive and hard to hold, but worth everything to a few wise and rare men and most women I believe. Without Romance, couples better hope they are friends at least, in the long run.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane