Friday, February 15

Perfect Day.
(Lou Reed)

Just a perfect day,
Drink sangria in the park,
And then later, when it gets dark,
We go home.

Just a perfect day,
Feed animals in the zoo
Then later, a movie, too,
And then home.

Oh it's such a perfect day,
I'm glad I spent it with you.
Oh such a perfect day,
You just keep me hanging on.
You just keep me hanging on.

Just a perfect day,
Problems all left alone,
Weekenders on our own.
It's such fun.

Just a perfect day,
You made me forget myself.
I thought I was someone else,
Someone good.

Oh it's such a perfect day,
I'm glad I spent it with you.
Oh such a perfect day,
You just keep me hanging on.
You just keep me hanging on.

You're going to reap just what you sow,
You're going to reap just what you sow,
You're going to reap just what you sow,
You're going to reap just what you sow...


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't he have a marvelous voice? And the lyrics too, they are great. What a song! I keep it on my blog so that I can listen to it whenever I want.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that. It somehow brings me right back around. Listening to Berlin last night and getting hit with wave after wave of what felt like "too much."

So, I've been on a Lou bender lately. You?

Sara said...

That's more like it. This is a beautiful song but forget the cheesy covers. It belongs to Lou Reed.

Metamatician said...

Lou is eternal.

Metamatician said...

And to answer your question Jononymous... Lou Reed yes, also Chameleons, some Tool (never thought I'd say that), Chemical Brothers, Beatles, Dan Fogelberg, L.Cohen, recent Bowie, Elliot Smith, Red House Painters, Massive Attack, Arcade Fire, Violent Femmes "Hallowed Ground," Pixies, Chris Cornell, Modest Mouse, newest Norah Jones, SWANS, Henryk Górecki, Lisa Gerrard, and Cat Power. Probably others too =)

Anonymous said...

Tonight, I'm caught up with Thom Yorke's "The Eraser" and a bottle of 1999 Petite Sirah.

Metamatician said...

Jolly good. Sounds like me about a month ago, but it was a riesling.

New subject, easy one.

Lyrics: "The Cuervo Gold. The fine Colombian. Make tonight a wonderful day."

Artist?

Anonymous said...

But what are you drinking with it?

Anonymous said...

too easy, too messy:

...I wanna be black, I wanna be a panther
Have a girlfriend named Samantha...

Metamatician said...

@Don: Nothing. Actually, the Cuervo and coke are for you. I've got some Don Julio and a Cuban behind this desk for when you leave. BTW, when's your next album? You put out like, what, one a century?

@Mikhail: Wow, even chess masters are gettin' in on Lou. What's next, Botvinik diggin' on the Arctic Monkeys? Putin doin some hootin' to the Blowfish? Wait, he's not a chess champ. Just a world leader pretend...

The more you try to erase me,
The more, the more,
The more I will appear

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane