Sunday, January 20



Snow angel, your tear's
Frozen to your face, and lines are etched in marble
Where there should be none
But we all have some, don't we
Your lips are frozen blue, now, give me your hands
I will make them warm
And wish away all the harm from you
A single tear is quite enough
But you have poured a torrent down these chilling months
Snow princess, it is not mine to give
You happiness, but I will give what I can
Close your eyes now, sleep, rest up for the day
Though the sun may bring little warmth
You can feel that tear fall in its golden rays.


5 comments:

Metamatician said...

Before you ask: That's my daughter in the photo. The poem was not actually written for her but for a good friend who was having a hellish time, and lives in a snowy climate as well. My daughter has had it rough too. So the poem fits both of them to a degree and I put the two together, as I don't want to post a picture of my friend without her permission, and she is a very shy person. My daughter's not shy at all! Just didn't want to misrepresent anything.

Maalie said...

I have no doubt that your friend appears as angelic as your daughter.

Metamatician said...

Thank you, I love her very much. She IS my angel.

Unknown said...

A lovely photo, that smile seems to say so much, delicate but with an inner strength. I had to do a double take when I read ´daughter´ - I´d just come from your youthful 2008 image picture.

Metamatician said...

Yes, I am a young father to have a teenage daughter. And I look young for my age (I'm told), so that makes it even harder for people to figure out. She's a very lovely girl. If I get a chance I'll post another picture or two. I'll ask her first though if she minds.

If you look back through the blog, you can probably spy a couple anyway, especially of when she was much younger (and I much older). Thanks for the comment :)

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane