This video is a couple weeks old, but don't think the suffering has gone away. If anything, with the dramatic earthquakes and people trapped in rubble or inside collapsed buildings having subsided, the danger is that the world breathes a sigh of relief and returns to its daily business.
But Haiti before this disaster was the poorest country in the western hemisphere; one of the poorest in the world. They were barely a functioning "country" at all. And now, in the wake of their terrible natural disaster, hundreds of thousands if not millions of lives have been made even harder, past the point of poverty, to the point of complete homelessness and starvation. It will go on for months, people dying not because of the earthquake but because they live on a piece of land which no longer functions as a country.
Please help in anyway you can.
Monday, February 1
- Sorry to all you non-Americans...
- A bit bleak, but a great song. Don't let it get yo...
- A lot of people have been kind to me lately, and I...
- This could be the most awesome movie ever.
- Vocals, musical arrangement, and instruments by Mi...
- In a glade. In a glade near the Danube river, the...
- Cool, but not the extended versions.
- Fun stuff.
- Neill Blomkamp on life in the universe.
- Chris in top form. Amazing live performance from t...
- Terence Trent D'Arby covering "A Change Is Gonna C...
- Please continue to help Haiti.
- Goodbye, Anonymous, we hardly knew ye.
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2009 (359)
- ► 2008 (226)
- ► 2007 (536)
- ► 2006 (600)