Saturday, November 13
Simple question, just for fun. And no I don't have $5000!
You're given $5000 (£3103, €3652, 1 million Ft) as soon as you finish reading this post by a kindly stranger, whose only instructions are that you MUST spend it within 3 days. The stranger is not up to any wrongdoing, and you will not get in any trouble. You cannot save or invest the money in any way so as to make it "grow" - if you put it in a bank or buy stock with it, it or the stock or other common equity will disappear in three days.
You may spend it on anything you want otherwise. On yourself, on others, give it to a charity, whatever. You can spend partial amounts on many different things. But you must spend it within 3 days (placing an online or mail order counts as spending it even if what you purchase doesn't arrive within 3 days). Whatever is leftover after 3 days will vanish, and you can't sell any purchases you made for a profit down the line, so again forget collector's items or any other investments.
You are, however allowed to gamble the money at a casino, on horse races or other sports, or anything else which is played by the rules and there is no insider knowledge or foul play.
So, what do you do with this little boon?
I'll give my answer in the comments, just as soon as I think of it!
Posted by Metamatician on Saturday, November 13, 2010
- “Rain” (1966)
- Cool, it's about time!
- Brendan Perry, "The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea" (...
- Simple question, just for fun. And no I don't have...
- Enigma - 'The Return to Innocence'
- The inimitable Love & Rockets... the 80s at their ...
- If this doesn't cause you to stop and think for a ...
- World's most populous countries.
- Here's a pretty easy one. Well, maybe.
- Finish the sentence however you want (use as many ...
- Congratulations to the World Champion 2010 San Fra...
- Gratuitous web site names.
- Why do place-names keep changing?
- Hmm, the Belief-O-Matic leaves something to be des...
- Dan Fogelberg (1951-2007) - I miss you so much. Th...
- David Gilmour playing some songs from Pink Floyd's...
- When Peter Murphy left the quartet Bauhaus in the ...
- A few "oldies but goodies" from REM.
- ▼ November (18)
- ► 2009 (359)
- ► 2008 (226)
- ► 2007 (536)
- ► 2006 (600)