Friday, June 9

Lost in NJ

So you wonder
And you wander
And people seem to scatter
One way or the other
Some seem cocky
Must know what they are doing
But what they are doing is lying
Some seem scared
Afraid to commit to one thing
Or another
You feel no pity for them
You still miss your father
And the world's hard
Crazies look at you every day
You know too much of what
Lives in their eyes
I know too much of what
Lies within their minds
Mindlessly turning around
I am haunted by this place too
But I've made my peace
Words won't always do it
I just push my way through
I've been stumbling around
I've been lost for seven days
Trying to find what matters most
If you're not
One in a million these days
You don't matter
You don't belong
But one in a million are wrong
If I'm not
The master of every situation
I may have been there
Thought what you are thinking now
I decided one way or another
And I learned
Something about the human race
And I earned my stripes
Without falling on my face
I'm lost but I keep getting up
Reaching for the impossible
I know I can never achieve it
I also know I have to try
This world isn't kind
People are not generally good-natured
They are wild animals
And the setting in which we live out our lives
Is savage and horrible
But we can find the borders
Map every extreme
Reach down and take a handful of dirt
Feel the grass beneath our fingertips
And resolve to go on despite the absurdity
Yes, it is sad
But things that are sad
Are beautiful, too
I'm not going anywhere without you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Je t'aime sans cesse..

=)

Anonymous said...

Je sens la même chose, amour.

-me

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane