Tuesday, June 20

Untitled

















I'm not looking for a miracle drug
Your voice is miracle enough
As far as I can tell
The only reason to be alive is to make things that are beautiful
And to surround oneself with things of beauty
What other purpose could there be?

But it's not love of beauty that
Has torn my orderly garden to shreds.
It's more like the rooted earthen palms that pull one against
The skyward tug of Heaven
Are the only truth left in this World
Worth believing in.

(painting is van gogh's stairway at auvers)

2 comments:

Monika said...

I LOVE him.

Metamatician said...

Empath: Great quote.
Empath and Monika: I'd love to investigate more of Van Gogh - see his original paintings as well as the places he painted and hung around. He's one of those great enigmas, someone who is so famous yet about whom little is really known. If he'd kept a blog... well, really.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane