Thursday, June 8

THE NIGHT

(Mark Sandman)

You're the night, Lilah
a little girl lost in the woods
you're a folktale
the unexplainable.
you're a bedtime story
the one that keeps the curtains closed
and I hope you're waiting for me
'cause I can't make it on my own.

It's too dark to see the landmarks
and I don't want your good luck charms
I hope you're waiting for me
across your carpet of stars.
you're the night, Lilah
you're everything that we can't see
Lilah-
you're the possibility.

Unknown the unlit world of old
you're the sounds I've never heard before
off the map where the wild things grow
another world outside my door
here I stand I'm all alone
driving down a pitch black road
Lilah you're my only home
and I can't make it on my own.

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane