Saturday, May 9

Life is good.

Just woke up a bit ago from a really awful nightmare. Nothing too outlandish, just the usual - being chased by cops and bounty hunters aiming to kill me for doing nothing wrong, or else everything I've done wrong was a misunderstanding or a set-up, and trying to find myself someplace to hide in an endless, repeating metropolis, for hours or even days, and everything was in hyperjinx with me running, running, turning seemingly at random and going 'where they'll least expect,' or sometimes, going right where they'd expect just to mix things up, and after all the exhausting running, being caught in the end anyway and found guilty without anything I said in defiance being heard above the nattering nabobs of dreamland, who never seem to acknowledge you, as though they're programmed not to, and the judge sentenced me to hell forever, literally.

But then...


IN MY DREAM, I paused the action and pieced every key element of the nightmare back to its source in real life, and found that this time at least, they all matched up with movies I'd just watched (The Matrix, a special on Blue Whales, and others which are not in themselves important here or even necessarily scary), a real-life complex situation I'm in involving a friend and a large, sprawling metropolis, and the old dream-theme of one's inability to find my place of residence (similar to losing your car in a parking lot/carpark dream) and worrying that Jackson would starve to death without me (a variation that's been replacing the recurring dream of leaving my daughter somewhere or else having her at home alone while I can't find my car, or the way home; now that she's older, I think that's finally becoming less of a concern as I know she can fend for myself).

In the end, Matrix-like, I was able to 'bend the spoon' and put clown noses on all the bad guys and send them all away from me with waves of my hand, to stand up and blow the scenery away with a breath and to replace it with an island paradise with a certain woman by my side, and wake up a bit sweaty and trembling, maybe, but saying to myself "YES!" about the dream, which I had conquered myself and stopped running from. I controlled it! I contolled one of those f*ckers for once!

Life isn't so bad, sometimes.

4 comments:

Hans said...

That's fantastic! Lucid nightmare vanquishing.

Unknown said...

:D And now you know you can do it.

I used to have horrible nightmares about being constantly persued - normally by killer robors in a futuristic setting - dark rooms with confusing dials and buttons all over the walls and several exits to each room so you never knew which one was the right one to take. Though this was when I younger, and I never managed to control them. And I never ended up on some island paradise. I hope it was fun, and that was part of the reason you woke up sweating.

Pia said...

Wow, impressive mind control, it must have felt awesome. If you try hard enough you really can do it :).

Metamatician said...

Sometimes. Next time, who knows...

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane