Wednesday, January 18

High School

Buying posters on Pier 39 with my Mom and my brother and my friends. Martin Gore, Siouxsie Sioux. Kissing Jennifer Harrison on a bench on Pier 39 one night on a date in the middle of high school. Mrs. Fields cookies. Doing what was unexpected in the moment, fully expected in the grand scheme of adolescence. Dalliance; affair with a black girl. Kissing in spades. Parents never knew what I was up to, returning the Honda Accord late one night, never suspected the intellectual risks. Fields of clover on Bennett Mountain unaware of Death looming over the cow-grates, forget about Gravity Hill, this was Love and Life, tapes played in sequence. Nature is ancient. Trees call and echo Stephen King, Bauhaus, Ian Curtis like I am full of taxidermic Palace of Fine Arts place-time Japanese uncertainty. Forever. I wish I was still a child of my mother and father. I wasn't made for this big industrial world.

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane