Monday, January 30

Solveig

safety has its dangers, too
reach the end of each alley
shine a light in every corner
see the path that takes you to the sea
and you were only born for you
and I was never free

so I just leave the light and take it slow
move with it frame by frame
where it takes me is where I'll go
where the mystery leads,
I never want to know
the chase is the thing

and if the world really were to end
what a godsend
for it would save us from all those untidy
and inconvenient loose ends
no way to tie up or summarize the past
the past exists in lock step with us now

but I know something,
the feelings I have inside me right now
if I know one thing alone
it's that I crave you beside me right now
if I ever stood for anything
let me stand by your side should you let go

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane