Sunday, July 30

Alone.

Here I die and live, in a makebelieve shift

Windy noises scrape the walls,
Beasts of yesterday come crawling on the floors
Into my sanctuary
The ground is opened - throw him in
Do not allow the sunlight through to his
Blue white face, crazy leering at everybody
Crows clustering overhead
In the trees
In the trees

With every rose thrown on upturned soil
Well-wishers voice their moment
Less haunted by death than sick to their skin of memories
Some tip back flasks instinctively
Fingers colder than the body hushed away
Disgraced, what the young preacher had to say
Was lost among the chattered voices
Some say the trees themselves made the noises
Whispered in his ear
Whispered so he could hear

Here I sit and here I pray, in a makebelieve way.
Desert nomads took my mind and vanished,
Nothing is like anything before you or since
I cannot see you in that tree, your threats blocked up my ears with mud
I cannot get myself to grieve for you this time.
The yellow sky compromises,
It shows me ways back home down crooked paths
But never leaves my past behind me
No
No...

So off do you fly with a rush to heights
Careen over belltowers lost between being and fading
Between dark and light, ...now look at your eyes
Blue turned to grey in the slip of an instant
Hanging trees cherry pick boys like you
Who show an interest in mechanical devices,
Who think too long about biological things,
There is no language here, just the humming of the
Great sand seas and metal waste that you wander over
It's nothing like yesterday.
There is no calm upon in this place, to interrupt the
Cold, cold air, or make you feel fine again
Or keep you wrapped in a golden silence.
You're stripped and gutted up with eyes clamped open
Even the walls and the celing of the sky are grey
A shaky sky endlessly raining
The cold gets in your ears and throat
It hurts to open your mouth
You cannot cry out anything now,
You can't even remember faces...
As your fingers fade
As your body fades
Alone.

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane