Tuesday, July 18

Yes, I can be hurt.

It hurts me to hear people say rude, untrue things.
Accuse me of arrogance. Accuse me of elitism.
I can't control other people, I only do the best I can
For myself, given what I have been born with.
It hurts me, to have others tear me down
Like I have no feelings.
Like I am somehow inhuman.
I do have feelings
So strong,
So deep.
I am only trying to make the best
With what I was given.
I never mean anyone harm or
To judge them in a way
To make them attack me back.
What I say is what it right for me and that is all.
I'm not preaching to anyone.
If people feel inadequate they should address that
Within themselves,
Like I address my failings within myself.
I am no better than you,
Maybe just more honest.
Maybe it hurts others when someone is honest
And it causes fear.
I can't be responsible for that,
But I do have feelings,
Deep feelings,
And it hurts when people are cruel
Spend so much energy to tear me down
Without even a helpful point to make.

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane