Friday, July 21

For someone special.

I want to take care of you, make sure nobody hurts you. Be strong for you when everyone else deserts you. Give you the chance to be your own woman in this world. Without getting too cold, without feeling alone. I don't really like going out. But I will for you, if you want to be with friends, if you want to see things that start and end inside concrete and steel. Those things are real, too. But with my camera eyes and your flashing smile and the miles behind us, you no less than me, we could steal through the forests like choruses of hymns penned by the Brothers Grimm, in Carpathian splendor your laughter tugs at me behind you, outlines you. I am within.

I want to be your man, like nobody has or would ever again if I were gone and there was some other plan that had to be shown. On movie theatre screens love looms larger than life but so do the villains and decisions are made every moment inside the cells of our minds like penicillin - I want to be there for you when nobody else gives a damn, whether God has a plan for us or no, I want loyalty and love to be written on my tombstone or on my bones when I go. I want to be taken for granted, loved, never let go. The things I still have in store inside my chest are the best yet to come. I want to save them for you. Always, only, for you.

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane