Saturday, November 4

UP MOOD
Where have you been
I've been crawling in sheets
wrapped on my body like sweaty skin
I've let my thoughts spiral out like a galaxy
and in like a whirlpool of human blood
I took a hundred pills to make sure you stayed
the hell away from me for good

UP MOOD
You're here oh God you're here
you've driven the fear away
breathing is easier now, moving is easier now
I can get things done in a timely way
and it doesn't destroy my whole day
in fact I springboard from one thing to the next
and all the light and motion and sex

UP MOOD
Are like slow fireworks that tear the air
with supple silence
and clear the way for me to go on
by making the nightmares gone
removing the lethargy that shackled my soul
don't leave me again, though it's all in the plan
just comfort me for as long as you can!

1 comment:

JOVIAN said...

the whole first stanza is perfect, especially the last two lines. Then I like the gradual leadup of the rest of the poem to its final two lines, also wonderful.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane