Monday, December 11

All My Love.

All the love I have to give would not be enough
To heal you completely but I give it anyway
I want nothing in return except to see you smile
Someday
Without that dark edge of weariness
Carved around your golden brown eyes
It takes everything I have to let you go right now
So that you can survive

All the rain that has fallen has not extinguished your flame
If you believe in yourself, then it never can
I'm only a wanderer who's gone lost in the woods
Circling around on his own muddy tracks
You found me and took me into your heart and led me back
To civilization again
And you claim to have thin skin
But all the brutality of this world hasn't made you crack

If I had happiness in my heart to share,
I would give it all to you
But I think the creation of happiness takes two

And all my love, such as it is,
Is yours as long as you can bear; I will be here
To hold you in my arms when you leave your cocoon.

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane