Thursday, December 14

Real Love. (for Nicola)

I know this world
A world curled about a flagpole
We're asked to die for what someone says is right
Without feelings

But my feelings for you
Well, all I ever wanted
Since I was old enough to know the difference
Was real love

Maybe it's the coy way you tease me
Or in my despair the way you please me
Just by being there
Just by smiling

Openness doesn't come easy to you
You've kept things in your whole life
Content to observe
Fascinated by others

Maybe it's this mirror-shyness
I find so irresistable
You stood out like a candle in the dark
The first time I ever talked to you

And my feelings for you now
Well, some things never change
I look back upon our exchanges
And I feel you near me

Real love
The kind can't money can't buy
That sheer talent cannot guarantee
Is still there for you and me.

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane