Friday, March 14

PSYCHEDELIC FURS Then & Now






LOVE MY WAY
(Richard Butler)

There's an army on the dance floor
It's a fashion with a gun, my love
In a room without a door
A kiss is not enough, in...

Love my way
It's a new road
I follow
Where my mind goes.

They'd put us on a railroad
They'd dearly make us pay
For laughing in their faces
And making it our way

There's emptiness behind their eyes
There's dust in all their hearts
They just want to steal us all
And take us all apart, but not in...

Love my way
It's a new road
I follow
Where my mind goes.

So swallow all your tears my love
And put on your new face
You can never win or lose
If you don't run the race.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Interesting. I was never big on the Psychedelic Furs but I have to say I like the acoustic version of this song better.

Thanks for your varied and interesting approach to blogging which keeps us coming back for more.

Hans said...

i just wrote my comment and it didn't go through. Argh! What I basically said: Interesting lyrics but why be paranoid about "they" who choose to conform. Where would they buy their food and clothes and guitars? Of course we all want to be individuals, but compromising works better in the real world. I'm just sick of negativity.

Metamatician said...

Interesting comments. You have to remember this was 1982 when cold war paranoia was near its height. A lot of the music, especially what you'd called "modern rock" had themes of alienation and pessimism.

I just always liked the song - like Peter Gabriel's "Games Without Frontiers" and many others, it had that unmistakeable 80s sound that hadn't been heard before and hasn't since. A relic from that period - I'd have been 10 then... Very easily influenced.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane