Tuesday, March 11

XV

How to express the unexpressable
Are you okay?
It's gonna turn out another cloudy day
But it's gonna feel warm again
Everything blows over doesn't it
But such old memories
Leave me wondering what's real
A swingset sits empty in a gravel park
Black and white pictures
The sounds on the radio and
People I didn't know
All around me in the very place I lived
Televisions trying to pick out invisible waves
Bounced off of space
I think I found the corner of a movie theater
Counted up all the reasons I had
And couldn't get past my first hand
Couldn't stop the meltdown
But it's gonna feel warm again
There's gonna be another day
I've been trying to express the unexpressable
For way too long
The ghosts and pulses that were
Once primary feelings without names or shapes
Have become ordinary things
Periods in my life when I felt something change
And always clotted all around me
These people I felt I could never know
They say it's gonna be another rainy day
But I know, I know
You can't go through this without feelings
You sure can't go through it
With any real feelings at all
But they say the clouds will break
And it's gonna feel warm again
Someday

2 comments:

Hans said...

It's hard to always be thinking, especially positive thoughts. You're an analyzer, which must lead you through a maze of feelings, and the bad feelings seem stronger for some of us. Life is a series of ups and downs. I know you know that, but it's easy to get stuck when times are especially bad. I really find the concept of acceptance of all that comes along makes so much sense. Yes, the clouds will come, but tomorrow may be sunny. Even stormy days aren't really bad - it's all in how we look at it. Everything is in balance. I have a hard time too, have to constantly remind myself that nothing stays the same, and purposely find something good to think about. Force yourself to do something, anything: get lost in a good book, play a computer game, exercise! I should practice what I'm preaching here. Sorry if I'm coming off as if I know what you should do. As you know, I have my own "things". I want so bad to be happier than sad.

Metamatician said...

Me too. Sadness is a real bugger.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane