Monday, March 31

Sky metal

I see their oblong faces.
What they have done to my mind is criminal.
Won't somebody please free me?
Release me from this place that's eating me?
Won't someone do anything at all?

Yet I awoke from that dream.
The air was transparent and a black vault reigned over
Chirping crickets and slugs and lightning bugs.
And I saw it streak across the empty sky.
I saw that ancient traveler's day to die.

One day she was in my life,
Suddenly like that blazing chariot this charming opiate
Stirred zephyrs that pushed the hair from my eyes,
And her heart into my mind;
And in my throat has stuck mine.


3 comments:

Hans said...

nice visuals: bad dream, waking to a memory of a love as fleeting as a comet.

Unknown said...

And I scrolled down some more and came back to this. I keep coming back to this.

Metamatician said...

sky metal... iorek

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane