Tuesday, August 1

Credit.

I originally meant for this blog to consist only of my own original work, whether it be writing or visual art. I've drifted from this obviously, and that's fine. Sometimes another's work can pull just the right mood from a poem or set the stage better than I ever could. I don't consider it a shortcoming anymore, just an added tool in my toolbox to help me express what I am feeling.

I do try earnestly to credit other authors where possible. I haven't quite settled on a consistent design motif for doing this, so bear with me while I iron out the kinks. For song lyrics I list the songwriters name and not the band he or she may be affiliated with, since I'm repoducing the words and not the entire song as such. For painting or photos, I try to give credit when I can find it. If not, I'll mark it as "unknown."

All paintings, photographs, and words without such indications should be taken to be my own work. If you find obvious errors please let me know. I'm not trying to pass anyone's work off as my own, only add in occasionally bits that interested or inspired me so that I might spice up my site, give people a break from me, and hopefully turn some young impressionable minds on to other venues of art.

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane