Tuesday, August 22

Shoes.

I regret that I can't feel high all the time

Cannot whoosh from thought to action and back
Barely able to catch my breath for the anticipation
Of creating, educating, and organizing
But I would rather be at peace with myself and feel
That cool breeze upon me as I stare out over the vineyards
And relax, comfortable with any change that may come my way
And feel rooted, more than anything in the world.

And you say, it's only a delayed nightmare
But if what you say is true then let it lay waiting, I'm in no hurry
The beast can never be beaten, Grendel cannot be slain
For good, or else goodness could not even exist
And besides, this grass feels moist and cool on the bottom of my feet
I cut my foot, she said why don't you wear shoes when you go out?
I said I don't wear shoes for the same reason
Most people don't spend their entire lives plugging their ears.

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane