Sunday, March 11

Bird dog.

She sat on a rock for comfort
Her dog pawing me for attention
My mind was high in the azure sky
But it was night
And there were hours to go
Business and love to sort out
Before the morning
I peeled an orange
She drank her coffee black
And with booze in her napsack
We gazed into borderless space.

So my friend,
Before you go off into this world alone
And think you can make it all up
As you stumble along
Look to me as a cautionary tale
I laughed at her adjusting her skirt
Even hair and clothes don't matter when
The stars are circling fast
We all die in the end
We're all tired in the end
Bird dog, leave me alone.

3 comments:

Hans said...

Unfortunate Bird dog may never learn any better tricks.

Metamatician said...

I wonder if bird dogs have to go to school and study up before they can embark on their trade. You know, required text is The Sibley Guide to birds, with other courses on identifying mating and distress calls, safe navigation to the site of the fallen quarry and tips for delicate handling, bird ecology and behavior, that kind of stuff. Plus a really good paid of 10x50's.

Metamatician said...

Pair*, obviously, not 'paid'.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane