Tuesday, March 13

I'm not a nice person, but I play one in real life. That's why, for instance, I'm polite, patient, and understanding when talking to people in their presence, making sure to listen well and make plenty of eye contact. Then I go home and blog about how people are such idiots.

For example, people don't know how to drive, generally. For every good driver, all the other ones are bad. I can only remember a couple days in the last month when I found a parking spot at my apartment that was actually completely clear of vehicles or vehicular parts. Some bad seed parks crooked or a foot over the dividing line, and every other lemming does the same thing as you go down the row, so that when you find an "empty" spot, it's not really empty at all but has one or more cars encroaching into its territory. Then you have to decide: Do I want to be a nice guy and park esp close to the guy to my left, since he likely won't be going in through the passenger door and that way I can reset the feng shui of the parking lot starting from that point, or do I want to be an ass and park to the far right of my space, maybe a little over the line, so I can climb out of my side comfortably and screw the poor bastard who comes along next - he'll have to make the same decision I just did.

I won't tell you what I nearly always do.

3 comments:

Hans said...

the first line gave you away. lol
not saying you're not a nice guy, but this post is a riddle i assume.

Metamatician said...

Well if no one asks I won't answer. (Referring to the last line of the post.)

Hans said...

i say you do the right thing and park in the middle of your space.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane