Tuesday, March 20

It's hard to know what to think these days, even from minute to minute inside a given day. I have so many mixed emotions. I want to forgive people, come together again. I want to destroy people, make them pay for their arrogance and outright cruelty. I want to ask for forgiveness, unsure that how I've lived has been right.

I vacillate between all these states, feeling persecuted, apathetic, compassionate, angry, and regretful. I don't know whether I'm an angel of heaven or hell. Probably I'm just an ordinary person, but maybe one who experiences emotions with an extraordinary sensitivity, and has been cursed with the power of self-analysis.

I wish I was a giant saguaro with nothing much to say, and nothing to fear. I wish I was a stone in the middle of Joshua Tree National Forest, or a flake of snow falling with only moments to have to be brave. The middle child - seed of malcontent; too aware, too long for this short time.

2 comments:

Hans said...

Middle child to middle child, I understand as many of my friends are middles as well. I think we may feel unsure of which way to turn, feel like the middle knot in the rope of tug of war. But we do have the advantage of seeing many sides to things.....advantage? sometimes indecision? confusion? Whatever it is we are affected by our position, but so are the eldest and the baby.....we just know how it feels to be us, plus being very sensitive probably makes everything seem exaggerated. I too wish I were a rock - hopefully a crystal...wait, no, that's like being a middle - seeing too much! I'll just be a piece of granite, nice and solid.

Metamatician said...

Granite's a good choice. Check out corundum too.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane