Though I don't expect to get it... A 'Happy Father's Day' card - even just an eCard. Something to brighten my day. My daughter's birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Father's Day are usually downer days for me. I can and have put my ex-wife behind me, though it's been a hard journey to do so. But not so for my kid. I rarely if ever got Father's Day recognition even when I was with her all the time. People seem to forget about me because I don't pipe up or complain too often, just carry on.
Just saying, it would be nice. I get ignored enough as it is, though some very kind and sweet people in my life have lately made me pretty happy, and I'm doing fairly well. But one can never get enough of thoughtful gestures, even if they're the "Hallmark" type. Heck, I wouldn't mind a card or a small plant just out of the blue. But Father's Day best wishes is something I've rarely ever gotten, and I put a huge part of my life into that role; happily, of course. Mothers get treated very well it seems to me on their special day. Dads, not as much.
We're supposed to be tough and not care about things like that.
- Many roads traveled; Many changes coming; Many roa...
- Sedona, Arizona.
- For Karen...
- Do you like ice cream?
- Two live from DCD.
- Followup to English accent post.
- Who here likes gems and minerals?
- You know what I'd like?
- The Arcane
- Graphics formats.
- Trivial Pursuit
- English language accents
- Some great photoshopped piccies...
- Some out-of-date pictures of my daughter Susannah....
- My half-sister Lauren...
- Animal antics...
- My sister's pets.
- My friend Giusi's new adopted WHITE lab mix!
- A THOUGHT FOR TODAY: If there is a God, I don't th...
- Caprica: A pretty good show so far...
- Something new, a poll.
- A Beatles doubleheader.
- Improvements in progress...
- Another poll.
- A poll.
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2009 (359)
- ► 2008 (226)
- ► 2007 (536)
- ► 2006 (600)