Russia's blue is a little wimpy, but it's still blue and not some other color. In fact, the other three flags use a dark blue more than a true blue. At any rate, I just thought it was an odd coincidence that these powerful nations all use the same basic colors in their flags. And China's flag is red and white - it's just missing blue. If it had some blue in it we might suspect some sort of flag conspiracy amongst the five Security Council members!
Monday, June 7
Ever noticed that the flags of four of the most powerful countries in the world, four of the five permanent members of the UN Security Council in fact (all but China), are Red, White, and Blue? And not only that, but only those three colors. I wouldn't dream of going out wearing those colors, but they seem to be in vogue with flag-makers apparently. The four nations are of course the United States, the United Kingdom, Russia, and France. Check it out:
Posted by Metamatician on Monday, June 07, 2010
- Sancturary: A white bengal tiger at the Singapore ...
- I suppose it's about time.
- Guest Article: "Should This Be The Last Generation...
- Haven't been feeling normal all day... Maybe this ...
- What a striking pair of snow leopards...
- USA, England both advance at World Cup 2010
- Two Rolling Stones covers.
- "Scarlet Ibis" by Edward Rooks.
- No title.
- Celebration of trees.
- Epilogue: The Madman
- An offer.
- A big amazing photo.
- How does THIS BLUE look?
- My Ethnic Heritage (approximately).
- Some quick questions about the blog.
- Upcoming on the Meta-Plane.
- Tolkien Essentials, Part One: A Very Concise Histo...
- I know I said I'd try to avoid Flash, but...
- ▼ June (24)
- ► 2009 (359)
- ► 2008 (226)
- ► 2007 (536)
- ► 2006 (600)