Something I really love to do is restore old photos, improve contemporary ones in terms of color and contrast and noise, or actually retouch photos (removing or adding elements, distorting them in a non-realistic but artistically-interesting way...). Not to deceive anyone, just as a hobby (when it's for myself) or a service (when it's for someone else) - the same as a professional lab might do. People clean up old photos, for example, all the time. There's nothing wrong with this because colors degrade over time and may not have been accurate in the first place, especially that common beast we all live with: The "family" photo.
I just wanted to mention that if anyone would like to send me a photo to "improve" (hopefully), just use my gmail address and explain briefly in the email what you would like done, and attach the photo. I'll send you back the original and whatever versions I create with a brief explanation of what I did. No charge, no fuss. If it's something I don't think I can do well, I'll tell you. But I truly enjoy it, am pretty decent at it (I'll even turn your color photos into faded, sepia-toned relics if you want), and need the practice. What better way than to provide a free service? Thanks for keeping me in mind. :-)
- Sancturary: A white bengal tiger at the Singapore ...
- I suppose it's about time.
- Guest Article: "Should This Be The Last Generation...
- Haven't been feeling normal all day... Maybe this ...
- What a striking pair of snow leopards...
- USA, England both advance at World Cup 2010
- Two Rolling Stones covers.
- "Scarlet Ibis" by Edward Rooks.
- No title.
- Celebration of trees.
- Epilogue: The Madman
- An offer.
- A big amazing photo.
- How does THIS BLUE look?
- My Ethnic Heritage (approximately).
- Some quick questions about the blog.
- Upcoming on the Meta-Plane.
- Tolkien Essentials, Part One: A Very Concise Histo...
- I know I said I'd try to avoid Flash, but...
- ▼ June (24)
- ► 2009 (359)
- ► 2008 (226)
- ► 2007 (536)
- ► 2006 (600)