Wednesday, October 12

Motivation

I want useful space. I want countertops I can prepare food on and a bed that looks inviting when I retire to it. I want a floor I can walk around on, a couch I can stretch out on, an uncluttered desk where I can clear my head, and drawers in which I can store things and actually find them again. I want shelves and bookcases and nightstands to serve their intended purpose, not hold up mounds of depressing, undifferentiated junk. I don't want to be cluttered and stressed out anymore. I want to come home, put my jacket on a peg, store my shoes on a rack, and put my binoculars in their drawer. Put my clothes in the hamper, take my PJs out of the dresser. Fix some food and have the dishes done afterward. Sit back, relax, and watch a movie and sip a cup of tea feeling good about the day gone by and unafraid of the day to come.

1 comment:

Taunya said...

I totally know what you mean! I wish I had the time AND motivation! It always sounds better to spend an hour reading a good book than organize a closet (and then spend the rest of the day sneezing from the dust!). I wish I just didn't let things go in the first place!

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane