Saturday, April 15

Open sores

Do I want a totally honest blog out in public view? Won't people be scared off from ever hiring me, ever having a romantic relationship with me, even from ever being friends with me, if they see everything in my head? But I do believe we all have sorta the same stuff floating around in our heads... lots of insecurity and pain and jealousy and other unpleasantness mixed in with the niceties we prefer to show to the world. So by me being totally open and honest, am I doing a good thing for myself in getting it all out and just hoping that there are some people in the world who will see things for what they are? Or should I get it out in more private writings, like I've been doing for years, and continue to play the game most of the world plays: Check me out, I'm a normal, cool guy. Hang out with me! Or maybe something in between these two extremes, like a lot of bloggers seem to do. Show some warts and the occasional outburst of unpleasantness but couch it amidst a greater mixture of happy thoughts and group hugs. In other words, just play a new game that's emerging with new rules. Look at me, I'm slightly fucked up but I'm brave enough to tell you about it. Hang out with me! How far down into the onion should we go?

11 comments:

lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

it depends on how much anonymity youve allowed yourself to maintain. the more anonymous you are, chances are, your more likely to have a more honest and unreserved blog because you know that you can openly share your most inner thoughts no matter how perverse, and we'll never know who you are.

or you can always opt for a private journal and deprive your readers of their daily essential reading. to that i say, "booooo !"

Metamatician said...

Thanks both for the comments. I guess it's like any other tool, you can use it well or poorly, as long as you understand what you are trying to accomplish. That is the part I'm still working out. Nice to get everything out...but scary sometimes too.

Anonymous said...

It would be very courageous of you to put everything out there. I really like the idea of having an anonymous blog. For me it's easier than a journal and prevents the writer's cramp. But I wouldn’t share it with those close to me. I guess I'm a coward.

If you are honest and let everything show, you may weed out many superficial readers— with true friends remaining in the end. Isn't that the best of all worlds?

Metamatician said...

Yes but like cotons mentioned I'm not really anonymous because a few people know me in real life. I guess I should just decide to be completely authentic to everyone at all times, or not. Of course situations in the world call for tact or restrain often, so it wouldn't always be appropriate to blurt out whatever you felt. But at least don't lie, that's my thing. And on the blog, since it's mine, there's no reason not to speak my mind about anything I want, I suppose.

Vengelyne said...

I would say write what you want and what you're comfortable with, while taking into consideration the consequences of the contents of your blog.

I wished I have retained the anonymity of my blog, until I put up a photo that is *cough cough* supposed to be ME. There are many personal things that I wish to write, but due to the relationship of certain readers are to me in real life, I refrain from doing so.

I used to write very personal stuff in my previous blogs, then I realised that it's not very inviting to have strangers knowing so much about me, so I blog dumped them. =D

Good stuff you got here, btw. Psst... lastlifeinmyuniverse really recommended a good site. ;-)

lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

...*buries face in palms due to embarrassment*

Metamatician said...

Thank you. I've seen your site as well. I appreciate the visit!

Vengelyne said...

*does hypnotism on this blog's readers*

You did not see the name lastlifeinmyuniverse in my previous comment.

You did not see the name lastlifeinmyuniverse in my previous comment.

You did not see the name lastlifeinmyuniverse in my previous comment.

You did not see the name lastlifeinmyuniverse in my previous comment.

You did not see the name lastlifeinmyuniverse in my previous comment.

Sorry, meta. I'm just trying to save me girl, lastlifeinmyuniverse the embarrassment caused by yours truly. In all honesty, I really think you've a very insightful blog. =)

Metamatician said...

I did not see... who's name?? ;-)

Vengelyne said...

Lol. Yay, meta!!! I'm beginning to like you already! :>

Metamatician said...

Thanks Shawna.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane