Tuesday, April 4

Thank God for wholesome girls

Unlike bimbos who only care about 'bling' and exposure and blatant, hedonistic materialism, I've come to realize that those nice girls, the pretty girls from next door without the caked on makeup or the rock hard abs, the ones who make you smile more than sweat and who you'd love to actually settle down and have childen with, actually value things in life like status, tons of money, bling, and getting their shot at a celebrity makeover. All my dreams of finding that one person who is pretty as a flower, unassuming and yet charming in their own quiet way, and possessed of a simple wisdom transcending this staged commercial abyss we find ourselves trapped in, have been eroded over the "boom" years of technology, to the point that I now despair of ever finding a woman I am not only attracted to but actually respect as a human being. I hope to God I am wrong. But then, God created all these women, so why the hell am I praying to him? He's the last creature I should probably trust.

7 comments:

lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

"Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you." ...hahaha. sorry. couldnt say that with a straight face.

uh... yes. thank god for them.

Anonymous said...

A tad frustrated?
I had to catch my breath after reading that. All that bling and ego emphasis-GAH!
You know, men aren't any better. The entire human race is infested with the "perfection" plague. Flawless obsessed freaks.
I could go rant about this all day.But I won't.

Cheer up!

Nicola.

Metamatician said...

Your comments are valid. Men have their own socially-imposed paradigms they are expected to stick to, such as the taboo against gays, the football rituals, etc. I was speaking more from my personal experience in frustration with many women I know, but it was not meant as a all-encompassing slander and the phenonmenon is certainly not limited to the female sex. Thank you for that reality check.

Nicola said...

yesss, valid is good.
I really enjoyed your comparison between cats and humans early. I like to think it's a good reminder of how poorly designed we are to meet our desires (relationships, that is)they're all around unsuccessful and STILL highly over rated. What does this mean?
We always want what we aren't capable of having. If we can't be selfless for more then ourselves, then why even attempt the real thing? That's fighting nature! And apparently painful.
I think it is pretty clear that we can't love anyone or anything before we truly love ourselves. But because the standards are so beyond grasp..nobody has met "perfection" and so how can love really exist?

Metamatician said...

I think I agree with your point about loving yourself before you can love anything or anyone else, though this gets misinterpreted by the masses as an excuse for hedonism. Loving yourself for real just means feeling comfortable with who you are, and not seeking our cures for your deficiencies in others. If you are a complete person, then you can give and not just take. But then, who of us is truly complete? Not I.

Nicola said...

Oh poop!

I'm never going to finish my lab. I seriously need to restrict myself from blogger.com.
Did you rescue a kitten the other day? erm, yesterday?

Metamatician said...

Superfluous... Yes I did rescue the kitten, thanks for remembering! He;s the cutest thing and purrs really loud. Because of some dumb paper work I won't actually have him home until tommorow (Thurs) around noon. Can't wait!

Shawna, you are right of course. I am very encouraged in this regard at the moment... I adore huxley, good choice. Cheers.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane