Thursday, February 15

deserts are for crying.

love-day
passed away
next to my sandwich a woman sat
with a bouquet of flowers
I got a cherry chocolate kiss at a table
proud of its fabric rose
I knew I was running low
when the dog show
came on TV and I watched
Afghans, Beagles, Belgians Sheepdogs
I couldn't keep the movie
oiut of my mind
my sandwich was on the dry side
but I cherished every bite
deserts are just set-pieces for crying
oases of tears form
you don't have to have an excuse
I gave my candy to the girl at the counter
admitting I had no Valentine this year
her white skin blushed and I defused
her embrrassment, with a joke about how
they hand us these treats
and then expect us to make sense of them...
I don't know her at all, but
she agreed to be my stand-in Valentine
for that afternoon, for it proved
she was without one too.

1 comment:

Hans said...

Bittersweet, but lovely in intent. Wish more people would randomly do things like that. Give from your heart, nothing expected in return but a real smile.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane