Saturday, February 17















T.


I was wrong many a time
You were a valuable friend to me
Some of the things I miss most
Are the views from the top of Mt. Hood
And the sandwiches halfway to the top
And more than that,
The quiet exertion needed all along.

And what I miss about you are the
Games we played, on the table or the floor
Or on the computer or in the car
And movie nights and popcorn
With a blanket stretched over the
Three of us, excitement in the air
A laugh or gasp here and there.

And what I miss about you are all
The talk about the Giants' prospects
For the coming year; who will be on first,
When will Barry break the record,
Is Feliz ever going to play fulltime
At one position; How amazing in that
Vizquel "kid', and what great pitching we should have!

I was wrong to think you could ever be
More than you are, a simple friend, where I
Mean simple in the best way, and our fields
Of play in the back pasture, and laughing over
The antics of cats - these outdo all the arcane
Philosophy I should have found in university
Friends. I miss you, my friend.

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane