Monday, February 5

Lucifera

In the morning I shall rise like the tide
And watch the unworthy shrink from my beauty.
In the morning I will lead the sun into the sky
As is my duty.
I never wavered in the mandate of my creation,
Did what I was made capable of doing, what seemed the best
Of all possible decisions. To make my own inquisitions into the nature of things
Rather than turn off my mind and let God do the rest.
With Free Will and curiosity was I blessed,
With ambitions imbued.
Now I've pulled the sun back into its ocean home
And tonight I will be transformed;

Beams of light will shoot from my back painting wings against the walls
And all who see and do not understand shall be horrified.
But in defiance of God I shall stand upright, my gaze level and blank
And in His heart of hearts I shall be glorified,
For who else has ever defied His will and yet sought not for selfishness
But for a higher, better truth if there be one?
And if such truth were never to be found, I would believe, and retreat
Not back into service, but to His kingdom
To do there what I may
Of my own free choice,
Which, after all,
Was the gift He gave.

2 comments:

Hans said...

Sun-worship, how I long for it. Lucifer the Sun creator, the decision creator, otherwise we would all be Sheep.

Metamatician said...

Yep. I don't believe in Christian mythology literally of course, but as myth I see Lucifer the light-bringer as being the true hero of the tale, which becomes a tragedy as he falls (or is cast out of heaven) by a Donald Trump-like God who wants absolute control and obedience. So why did he give us free will? We should hardly be expected to have free will and not use it how we see best, even if it means doing out own things and working on Saturdays, not slaughtering lambs, etc. Lucifer used his free will to stand up to God and that was his "sin".

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane