Wednesday, December 30
What does your culture celebrate with fireworks?
The other only real consistent time you see/hear fireworks is on New Year's Even at midnight, but it's a less planned out and watched thing - it just sorta happens spontaneously by those who've consumed too much liquor and have access to explosives, or by carefully orchestrated TV events, like the big Times Square deal.
Fireworks feature prominently in professional sports, too, as well as in Las Vegas, but as this is private entertainment and nothing to do with any national celebrations, I'm not going to count this category of pyrotechnic extravagances.
So, readers from outside the US, during what events do your countries generally employ the patriotic use of fireworks to celebrate?
Posted by Metamatician on Wednesday, December 30, 2009
- ► 2010 (289)
- Happy 2010!
- What does your culture celebrate with fireworks?
- MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!
- This is long overdue.
- When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears.
- Now the "other half" of Floyd.
- I cherish my freedom.
- Heck yeah
- Pink Floyd (1994) - "Us And Them"
- The known universe
- Meta earlier today.
- Bozo the Cobra
- Silly LOLcats
- My Bookworm Adventures 2 final screen
- Darwin Fish Eye of Horus
- Songs on the charts when I was born!
- Meta's Life Advice: Tip #1
- An easy Gollum quiz.
- Plants > Zombies
- Just the first of many posts to come.
- Sorry about the abstinence :-S
- ▼ December (27)
- ► 2008 (226)
- ► 2007 (536)
- ► 2006 (600)