I just picked up a plastic cup about half full of soda with my left hand, and halfway to my mouth, the cup buckled in my grip (cheap cup) and popped free. It's hard to explain with words, but imagine that it rotated around as it was falling, and I was certain it was going to spill Coke everywhere. But rather than lunge at it, it seemed (looking back at what was an entirely instinctual split-second) that I had actually imparted enough rotation to the cup that it might not land upside down but actually come all the way around... though it would be close. Thus I twisted my body, dropped to my knees, and with my other hand (the right), I caught it about six inches above the carpet, face up once again! The best part of all: The centrifugal force of the rotation kept all the Coke inside the cup and my carpet didn't receive a drop. Whew!
Of course no one is ever present to see such things. It's one of the unwritten rules in life. :-|
- ► 2010 (289)
- Happy 2010!
- What does your culture celebrate with fireworks?
- MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!
- This is long overdue.
- When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears.
- Now the "other half" of Floyd.
- I cherish my freedom.
- Heck yeah
- Pink Floyd (1994) - "Us And Them"
- The known universe
- Meta earlier today.
- Bozo the Cobra
- Silly LOLcats
- My Bookworm Adventures 2 final screen
- Darwin Fish Eye of Horus
- Songs on the charts when I was born!
- Meta's Life Advice: Tip #1
- An easy Gollum quiz.
- Plants > Zombies
- Just the first of many posts to come.
- Sorry about the abstinence :-S
- ▼ December (27)
- ► 2008 (226)
- ► 2007 (536)
- ► 2006 (600)