Wednesday, May 10

Jackson

Cats have crazy minds. Jackson likes to leave the apartment when I do - probably thinks he'll miss out on something exciting if he doesn't. Usually I'm just walking down to the store or grabbing a sandwich or seeing a movie. He'll follow me for a long way, darting ahead and alertly scoping out the scene, then manuevering under a parked car or a bush while I catch up.

At some point he gets more and more hesistant about keeping up, probably sensing he's getting far from home. Finally, his little CPU tells him he must stop; but, seeing me continue ahead, he starts meowing and pacing around behind his invisible barrier. I always feel a twinge of guilt right then, and contemplate turning back if just to reassure him I'm not leaving forever.

Today he tried a new tactic. When I got a hundred yards or so from my front door, he turned and sprinted back towards home. I was curious what he was up to so I followed him, keeping far enough back so I don't think he saw me. Turns out he'd gone around to the back of the apartment and was scratching at the back door. When I'm inside and he wants to come in, that's the door he scratches at to let me know he wants in.

Apparently he thought that since he wasn't able to get me to turn around and go home with him, he'd run back to his usual place and maybe I'd magically be there to let him in and all would be well. Crazy Jackson.

2 comments:

lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

aw admit it ! you think its cute !

Monika said...

awww he luuuurrrrves you! =)

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane