Saturday, May 27

Tortilla volcano

Today I made a tortilla volcano. Not on purpose. I put two tortillas in my toaster oven and left them in a bit too long. When I opened the door what I saw befuddled my senses.

The toppermost tortilla had puffed up with hot air and the middle part, being closest to the heating element, had gotten burnt.

I couldn't have made a better one if I'd tried.

I instantly dubbed it Gunung Quesadilla, which is Indonesian for "Mt. Quesadilla." This despite the fact I was mixing two languages and that I was not, in fact, even making a quesadilla with these particular tortillas. The name seemed necessary.

This picture fails to show it, but at the very top of the dome a small hole had formed and steam bellowed from it for a time. The inside layers were soft and doughy, just like a real volcano.

I will never again doubt the existence of God.

3 comments:

Metamatician said...

Yes. This is actually the original. The one in Indonesia is a huge mockup.

lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

o brother...

Sphinx said...

hahaha

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane