Wednesday, May 24

Purpose

I debate over the purpose of this blog. It's not like I think it's important, but when I do something, I want to do it right. My original purpose was to stay away from mundane journalistic routines. It was to be a thought-log, a sort of intellectual playground. As time went by, I found myself including poems and, eventually, photos and visual creations. I still shy away from "ordinary" blog topics, as it seems that is done quite frequently and seems rather self-centered. But I don't know. I'm aware I've posed this general question before, but I'm thinking of it again.

Viable topics could include opinion pieces, poems, goings-on, pictures, original art, jokes or funny pictures not authored by me, showcases of friends' creations, quizzes/questionaires, reviews of books and movies, educational primers on subjects little understood, and more. I'd be interested to get some feedback on what people like to read. One part of me wants to keep it clean and austere; academic. The other half sees it as a forum for anything that pops into my head. I'm not asking but if you have an opinion feel free to voice it. The blog is for me, but I hope to make it entertaining for my few readers as well. I'm sitting on the fence between exclusive intellectualism and popular dissertation.

4 comments:

lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

I personally don't have a preference since... really, i read everything everyone has to say. But if i were to pick, i would pick reviews and quizzes. im a sucker for trivia. original art would be great too. and pictures. and of course poems... and jokes.. goings-on... and and... and..

i cant decide !! *cries*

The Stiltwalker said...

I had these same feelings at first when I created my blog. Then I said 'f*ck it', this is me. For real.

Monika said...

You don't need to have a point to your blog...

Look at me, I post about communism, satin sheets and coffee pouring out of my nose.

Metamatician said...

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll just post what I feel like, and try not to be so anal.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane