Tuesday, May 23

Ugh

What's up with all the junk mail in our (physical) mailboxes, especially in apartment complexes? If we want to save the forests we ought to start there. I throw away huge piles of coupons and newsletters every week. Nearly every day, there is something in my mail box I didn't ask for and don't want. There's a paper recycle bin next to the garbage, but it gets crammed to the top within a few days of trash pickup day. I've seen the same thing happening at the post office when I had a PO box. Holy hell that's a lot of wasted paper.

People seem to be out in force today for some reason. I just went for a walk and there are people in the pool, splashing and laughing. People checking their mail, like me. People standing in their back patio with a beer or a cigar. People walking the paths around the fountain with blank looks in their eyes. Usually I don't see anyone around here; this evening I must've seen 30 or 40 people in ten minutes. Weird.

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane