Thursday, September 11

It's a return to basics
Even if you remove the fear
Of the floor falling out,
Of being along in an unfamiliar place
All of the questions remain

I find myself spending so much time
In this constant strain of trying
To keep my mind intact, and tiring
While it tugs at its sutures
And wants to explode

So when chemistry turned into physics
And physics became cosmology
And cosmology turned out to be philosophy
I quickly retreated from that
And compelling as the road seemed

Then I turned to ancient societies
And basic biology, which leads
To cognition and consciousness
On one end and back to chemisty
At the other, and I ran for cover

Now I'm filling my time learning about
Rocks, because rocks seems so harmless
I know they contain unsolvable mysteries
Once you break them apart, or speculate
Upon what they contain, or when you're gone

Will the rocks still remain?
But my brain is too smart to be that smart
I've done my best to learn how to be dumb
And to have fun with something less than
Fundamental, and preserve my sanity

For awhile longer, if only a little.

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane