Thursday, September 11

Those who seek to destroy me when I try
So hard just to remain afloat
Will they find their peace when the goat's been slaughtered?

And you who would stone a deaf, dumb, and blind man
Would you cast the first stone
At a man who is losing the use of his mind?

People speak so openly of mental difficulties these days
But most people are deeply prejudiced
And also deeply resentful, misguided, and afraid

Like when the Irish came into their town, then
The Blacks. And then women became equal and there was
No turning back. And yet I sit and beg and still I am attacked.

Leave me alone for good, I ask you.
You've done nothing but hurt me all this time.
Can't you see that? Just look, don't listen to me.

Just look at me! Then go away!
Night and day I suffer,
Please don't hurt me anymore.

No comments:

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane