Tuesday, September 30

My Mom.

My Mom is the best
She takes care of me when I'm sick
She brings me iced mochas when I'm sad
Or when we're sad together
Sometimes for no reason at all!
She make me stand tall,
Feel good about myself
Even when she's feeling small
She even takes care of her own parents
That doesn't seem fair;
I should be doing that
For her.

My Mom cooks the best food
In the whole wide world
And she's always up for playing games
Or watching movies, or talking about life
Sometimes she breaks down on the inside
When no one is looking, and cries
But she puts on a brave face for me
And always seems really glad
That I was born, and am here,
Even when I'm having lots of problems
And must be easy not to like
She never blames it on me.

My Mom is my best friend
We go hunting for pirate treasure
On different computers together,
We play games with words
On screens or boards, or
Just in our conversations
We one-up the other until someone gives in
And then we laugh until we're all in
I couldn't imagine going through
My life without her
It's already so hard as it is
But I'm still here and have aspirations.

The sky isn't always clouded over
Sometimes when I go over there,
We just stare at the walls
Or one of us will say something and have
Us laughing till we can't breathe
It's never like that,
When it's just me;
I feel sorry for others without
Moms who love them as much as mine
She's not infinitely strong
But she's always strong enough for me
When it's that time.

I love you, Mom.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've not known you for that long - not even a year yet, although it always feels like longer. But it's been easy to see in that time how fortunate you are to have a mum like yours.

Hans said...

omg, you got me crying now. i appreciate everything you've said and it means so much. i'm happy that i can be here and glad we enjoy our times together whether we're watching a movie, cooking a meal, or just talking. you're a great person, Justin. Always remember that you are loved! I'm lucky to have you for my son. Thank you Rachel for your sweet words.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane