Sunday, September 7

Ward 11

Damn it's getting hot in here
Fear is rising
Again
There seems to be a war on
And everyone wants my head
Should I poke it out even further
To see what is going on?
Should I stay hidden
I'm never going back to ward 11
Where predators prowl the perimeter
And jim took his hellish stay
And joe quickly escaped
And james had his life sucked away
Should I stand up for myself now
To be shot like a dog?
Should I retreat to try to find some
Comfort in the cracks between the rocks
Retreat further into my mind
That place which seems to beckon
But is never a salvation
I've followed the labyrinthine
Corridors of its neverending size
In dreams asleep and awake
For most of my life
It is an organ most unkind
But out there, the shells explode
And people seems to want
To do horrible things to me
And nature seems to have
Terrible plans for me
So my fear is rising
Again
As the perch of stability becomes
Ever thinner
And it's getting so damn hot in here
If only someone or something
Would spare me the decision
And make it quick.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not everyone wants to do horrible things to you. I'd like to add my name to the list of those who don't.

Metamatician said...

Thank you. I believe you.

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane