Tuesday, September 9

LYRA BELACQUA

from the movie The Golden Compass
played by Dakota Blue Richards







I thought she did great for someone with NO previous roles of any sort (movies, television, commercials); a true newcomer. And she was in practically every scene of the movie and had loads of dialogue, which she handled with intensity and enthusiasm. Also looked the roughly the way I envision her from the books. Her accent changed a bit here and there, but I didn't have much of a problem overlooking that. I hope she gets more roles in the future - she seems like a bright young lady and quite down to earth from what little I've seen of her outside of the film.

Lyras. There aren't many of them.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the first photo very much. And I notice you managed to get Serafina in there too ;)

I hadn't realised it was her first acting role. She's a natural, you couldn't tell.

Of course, if there were many Lyras they might not get appreciated so much. And there wouldn't be enough Ioreks to go round.

Metamatician said...

Very true. As a chemist would say, the number of Ioreks is the limiting factor. Especially when all our ice is breaking up and melting, it makes it hard to organise a good seal hunt, and then we can't support lots of baby Ioreks :(

Unknown said...

So a Lyra who has a Iorek is a very lucky girl.

Hans said...

She was perfect for the part as well as the other actors - the movie was so so, but the books are great!

Archived Posts

Search The Meta-Plane